Inconel600 alloy is a nickel-chromium-iron solid solution strengthening alloy with good high temperature corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance, excellent hot and cold processing and welding properties, and satisfactory thermal strength and high below 700 °C. Plasticity.
The alloy can be reinforced by cold working, or by electric resistance welding, fusion welding or brazing. Suitable for the manufacture of antioxidant parts with melting points below 1100 °C.
● Thermowell in an aggressive environment
● Production of vinyl chloride monomer: anti-chlorine gas, hydrogen chloride, oxidation and carbonization corrosion
● Oxidation of uranium to hexafluoride: resistance to hydrogen fluoride corrosion
● Production and use of corrosive alkali metals, especially the use of sulfides
●Using chlorine gas to prepare titanium dioxide
● Production of organic or inorganic chlorides and fluorides: resistance to chlorine and fluorine
● Distillation tanks and components in heat treatment furnaces, especially in carbonized and nitriding atmospheres
● Catalytic regenerators used in petrochemical production are recommended to use alloy 600H in applications above 700 °C for long service life.
● Has good resistance to reduction, oxidation and nitridation medium corrosion
●Good resistance to stress corrosion cracking at room temperature and high temperature
●Excellent resistance to corrosion by dry chlorine and hydrogen chloride gas
● It has good mechanical properties at room temperature and high temperature under zero.
Due to its good creep rupture strength and control of carbon content and grain size, it is recommended to work in a working environment above 700 °C.
Inconel 600 is suitable for welding with the same materials or other metals using any conventional welding process, such as tungsten inert gas shielded welding, plasma arc welding, manual sub-arc welding, metal inert gas shielded welding, molten inert gas shielded welding, which pulse arc Welding is the preferred solution. When using manual arc welding, it is recommended to use (Ar + He + H2 + CO2) a mixture of various shielding gases.
Incoloy 825 must be welded under annealed conditions and cleaned with a stainless steel wire brush to remove stains, dust and various markings. In order to obtain the best root weld quality when welding the root of the weld, the operation must be very careful (argon 99.99) so that the weld does not produce oxides after the root is welded. When the weld zone is not cooled, the color produced by the heat affected zone is brushed with stainless steel.
Guest contributors are welcome at the Alloy Wiki.It is a weekly wiki and guide on alloy information and processing technology, while also about the vast array of opportunities that are present in manufacturing. Our team of writers consists of a Machining Material Supplier / Machinist / Tool and Die Maker, a Biomedical Engineer / Product Development Engineer, a Job Development Coordinator / Adjunct Professor, and a President and CEO of a manufacturing facility.