With the development of science and technology, the function of Ethernet has become more and more powerful. The systems that are already popular in the market basically support the function of Ethernet. Today, let’s talk about how to connect the machine tool and the system through Ethernet.
For the FANUC system, two settings are required when the computer is connected to the system, and the computer and the system need to be set in the same network segment.
1. Right-click on [My Network Places] on the desktop, and then select [Properties]. You can see a folder [Network and Dial-up Connection].
2 Right-click [Local Area Connection] and select [Properties]. You can see [Local Area Connection Properties]
3 Select [Internet Protocol TCP/IP] in the list box, and click [Properties].
4 [Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties] will be displayed, please write down the values of “IP Address” and “Subnet Mask”.
5 Press [Cancel] to close the dialog window. (No need to change any items)
When the computer is not frequently connected to the LAN
1. First install the Ethernet adapter (add-on board or PCMCIA card). If there is a problem, check the Ethernet hardware reference book.
2. View as above [Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties]
3. Set the following values
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
4. Press [Cancel] to close the dialog window.
NC test setting
1. Press the [SYSTEM] key in the MDI mode, and then press the [>] soft key several times. It can be seen on the soft key menu
2. Press the soft key [COMMON] to display confirmation
[Embedded] The device is valid. If [EMBEDDED] is displayed, press [OPRT]→[EMB/PCMCIA]→[EXECUTE]. Must become [EMB] device valid.
1. Perform the initial setting of CNC in the following steps.
IP address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
-If your PC is usually not connected to the LAN, you can set “192.168.1.xxx” at this time
as the IP address. If it is correct, there is no need to change any settings on the display screen.
If your PC is usually connected to the LAN, you need to change the IP address setting of the NC according to the IP address of the PC.
The subnet mask NC setting is the same as that of the PC.
In the position where the subnet mask is set to “255”, the NC and PC are set to the same IP address value. In the position where the subnet mask is “0”, the IP address of the NC can be set to any value. (But this value is different from the PC setting value.)
The IP address of the PC is “184.108.40.206”, and the subnet mask address is “255.255.0.0”.
IP address: 220.127.116.11 <-
You can set any other value in 190.0.xxx.ooo (but not set xxx.ooo=3.1)
Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
2. Press the [FOCAS2] soft key to display the following screen.
Set the password number: 8193
Time interval: 10
After the above settings are completed, you can run ping 192.168.1.1 (machine IP address) on the computer to check whether it can be pinged.