With the rapid development of society, aluminum foil materials have also been used in various industries. At present, the packaging of tablets and capsules of health foods and medicines is more and more common in blister packaging. Aluminum-plastic blister is also called blister packaging, or PTP (PressThroughPackaging) for short.
The aluminum foil used in blister packaging is a sealing material densely attached to a rigid plastic PVC sheet, so it is also called a lid material. Almost all products in modern packaging that require opaque or high-barrier composite materials use aluminum foil as the barrier layer. This is because aluminum foil has a highly dense metal crystal structure that can completely block any gas, so it is widely used.
Pharmaceutical aluminum foil is widely used in the international pharmaceutical industry,Because PTP aluminum foil has the advantages of moisture resistance, portability, safety and hygiene. China has been using aluminum foil for packaging medicine since 1985. So far, packaging aluminum foil has only accounted for 20% of pharmaceutical packaging materials. In recent years, the pharmaceutical foil market has developed rapidly. On the one hand, the pharmaceutical market has developed rapidly, but mainly because 20% aluminum foil is used in pharmaceutical packaging. The proportion of applications in China continues to increase.
Aluminum foil has a clean, hygienic and shiny appearance, it can be integrated with many other packaging materials, and the surface printing effect of aluminum foil is better than other materials. In addition, aluminum foil has the following characteristics:
(1) The surface of the aluminum foil is extremely clean and hygienic, and no bacteria or microorganisms can grow on the surface.
(2) Aluminum foil is a non-toxic packaging material that can directly contact with food without any worries that can harm human health.
(3) Aluminum foil is an odorless and odorless packaging material, which will not cause any odor in the packaged food.
(4) If the aluminum foil itself is not volatile, it and the packaged food will never dry or shrink.
(5) No matter the high temperature or low temperature, the aluminum foil will not penetrate the grease.
(6) Aluminum foil is a kind of opaque packaging material, so it is a good packaging material for products exposed to sunlight, such as margarine.
(7) Aluminum foil has good plasticity, so it can be used to package products of various shapes. Can also be arbitrarily created containers of various shapes.
(8) Aluminum foil has high hardness and high tensile strength, but its tear strength is small, so it is easy to tear.
(9) The aluminum foil itself cannot be sealed by heating, and a heatable material, such as pe, must be applied on the surface to heat seal.
(10) When aluminum foil is in contact with other heavy metals or heavy metals, there may be adverse reactions.
Aluminum foil is a perfect packaging material with many excellent properties. It is expected that the packaging used for pharmaceutical blister materials will account for about 60% to 70% of the packaging of tablets and capsules for future medicines. One of the packaging materials.
Guest contributors are welcome at the Alloy Wiki.It is a weekly wiki and guide on alloy information and processing technology, while also about the vast array of opportunities that are present in manufacturing. Our team of writers consists of a Machining Material Supplier / Machinist / Tool and Die Maker, a Biomedical Engineer / Product Development Engineer, a Job Development Coordinator / Adjunct Professor, and a President and CEO of a manufacturing facility.