When it comes to the maintenance and maintenance of aluminum alloy die-casting molds, a concept will immediately flash into the minds of many die-casting operators. They always think that it is a mold repair work, which has little to do with him, but it is the opposite.
The fate of all aluminum alloy die-casting molds can be said to be in the hands of the die-casting operators. For example, you have a car that broke down after driving for a few years. Can you say that it was caused by the car wash? Therefore, the following points should be paid special attention to during the use of the mold:
(1) Use of cooling system for aluminum alloy die casting molds.
When the mold cooling water is used correctly, it not only prolongs the service life of the mold, but also improves the production efficiency. In actual production, we often ignore its importance. The operators also try to save trouble. If it is too troublesome to connect and connect, they will not connect the cooling water pipe. Some companies even customize the mold in order to save costs. Not even cooling the water, which caused very serious consequences.
The mold materials are generally made of special mold steel through various treatments, and even the best mold steels have their limits of use. For example, temperature. If the mold temperature is too high when the mold is in use, it is easy to cause cracks on the surface of the mold core early. In some molds, cracks will appear on a large scale even if the mold has not exceeded 2000 times. Even when the mold is in production, because the mold temperature is too high, the mold core has changed its color. After measurement, it even reaches more than 400 degrees. When such a temperature is quenched by the mold release agent, it is easy to appear tortoise cracks. The products are also prone to deformation, strain, and mold sticking.
In the case of using mold cooling water, the use of release agent can be greatly reduced, so that the operator will not use the release agent to lower the temperature of the mold. The advantage is to effectively extend the life of the mold, save the die-casting cycle, improve the quality of the product, reduce the occurrence of mold sticking, strain and aluminum sticking, reduce the use of mold release agents, and reduce the ejector and core caused by overheating of the mold. The loss.
(2) During the start of production of the mold, the mold must be preheated to prevent the cold mold from suddenly encountering hot molten metal and causing the appearance of tortoise cracks. For more complex molds, blowtorches and liquefied gas can be used. If conditions are good, a mold temperature controller can be used. Simpler molds can be preheated by slow injection.
(3) Cleaning the parting surface of the mold.
This point is very troublesome and easy to overlook. If the boss has a high starting point and buys a good mold, then the work will be much easier. If the quality of the mold is not good, there will inevitably be a problem on the parting surface of the mold during production. If edges or dirt are generated, the operator should often clean these parts and be equipped with a small spatula at any time.
If the flash is not removed in time, the parting surface of the mold is easy to collapse, causing aluminum to run out during the production process. Once this result is caused, no matter how good a mold repair expert you are, the possibility of a complete repair is very small. Yes, it's not that they don't have the skills.
The consequences of running aluminum not only increase the cost of die-casting, waste aluminum, and product quality is also unstable, especially the internal quality, but also increase the difficulty of determining process parameters, and the pass rate will drop a lot. From safety considerations, Increased the chance of work-related injuries.
During the handover, the operator should thoroughly clean the parting surface of the mold with kerosene, which can not only prevent the mold from being crushed, but also after cleaning, it can drain the mold from the mold release agent residue or other dirt. The opening of the gas groove is conducive to the discharge of gas in the cavity during the injection process, and the product quality is improved. When a team comes down, it is advisable to clean the parting surface twice to allow employees to develop a good habit.
(4) Note that it is absolutely forbidden to connect the signal wire between the die casting machine and the mold. The reason is very clear. In daily production, it is difficult to avoid water on the signal line, or the place where the connector is easily broken, resulting in a short connection with the machine tool. If a signal error occurs, the alarm will automatically stop, and the time will be delayed. The signal is disordered and the mold is broken, causing unnecessary losses. Pay attention to the waterproof of the travel switch.
(5) When each team takes over, check carefully in accordance with the "Mold Check List" of our company, and solve the problems in time to avoid unnecessary troubles.
Previous: Three precautions for plastic mold manufacturingNext: Maintenance and maintenance of aluminum alloy die-casting molds
Link to this article：Precautions for aluminum alloy die-casting molds in the production process
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Mold Wiki，Thanks